Byford Primary School
Byford Primary School is an Independent Public School that is located in Byford, ten kilometres south of Armadale on the South Western Highway, in the Shire of Serpentine-Jarrahdale.
The school has a long history - the first classrooms being built on this site in 1921 – and currently accommodates over 350 students. Byford Primary School students are respectful, eager to learn, friendly and cooperative, concerned for others and keen to succeed.
The school has an undercover area and a Library Resource Centre, a purpose built Art Room, Music Room and associated facilities and storage areas. The grounds comprise a grassed oval, two multi-purpose courts, lawn areas, playground equipment, a modular playground system and two cricket nets.
A Brief History
- In 1921 the first classroom on the current Byford Primary School site was opened
- In 1933 the second classroom at Byford Primary School was opened
- In 1975 extensions to Byford Primary School were completed
- In 1981 Library Resource centre at Byford Primary School was opened
- In 2009 a refurbished Administration Block was completed
- In 2010 new facilities including an Art Room, Music Room, Classrooms and Activity Area were provided from the Commonwealth Government’s “Building Education Revolution”
- In 2014 Byford Primary School was granted Independent Public School status from 2015
- In 2016 the Undercover Area was enclosed and the fence was completed.
- In 2018 Early Childhood transportable building – installed
To further develop the academic, cognitive and social skills of our students, so that they may maximise their full potential, enjoy a full range of academic, social and cultural activities and participate as responsible members of both society and their school.
We endeavour to provide a safe and enriched learning environment that empowers all children to learn to the best of their ability. We believe in commitment, responsibility, respect and cooperation between teachers, students, parents and the community. This aims to prepare all students for an ever changing society.
School Phone: 08 9526 6300
School Email: firstname.lastname@example.org